We offer rigorous training in comprehensive family medicine. The
demanding responsibility of our residency attracts highly accomplished
We consider each individual candidate on his or her personal merits.
We rank candidates in a committee comprised of faculty, residents and
We require the following for application:
- Graduate of a WHO Medical School recognized by the California Medical Board.
- USMLE or COMLEX Step I and II (CK and CS) successfully passed.
- U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, or EADS VISA.
- International Medical Graduates must have a California Training Letter prior to the NRMP Match List submission date.
Competitive applicants generally have the following characteristics:
- USMLE/COMLEX double digit score of 80 or higher.
- No more than one USMLE fail.
- Medical School graduation within 5 years of applying for residency, unless postgraduate training completed in a specialty.
- Relevant clinical work within the last 2 years.
- Interest in working with underserved and multi-cultural populations.