We offer rigorous training in comprehensive family medicine. The demanding responsibility of our residency attracts highly accomplished applicants.
We consider each individual candidate on his or her personal merits. We rank candidates in a committee comprised of faculty, residents, and staff.
We require the following for application:
- Graduate of a WHO Medical School recognized by the California Medical Board.
- USMLE Score 210 or higher, COMLEX 420 or higher.
- U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, or EADS VISA.
- International Medical Graduates must have a California Training Letter prior to the NRMP Match List submission date.
- Medical School graduation within 5 years of applying for residency.
Competitive applicants generally have the following characteristics:
- USMLE score of 210 or higher, COMLEX 420 or higher.
- No more than one USMLE fail.
- Relevant clinical work within the last 2 years.
- Interest in working with underserved and multi-cultural populations.