Doctors Medical Center
Doctors Medical Center (DMC) is a beautifully equipped, fully accredited 461-bed hospital with intensive care units for cardiac, neurology, surgery and cardiovascular care. This hospital is the first Level II Verified Trauma Center in the region. The quality of the staff, teaching faculty and facility are excellent. DMC admits more than 12,000 patients annually and treats more than 70,000 patients in the emergency department each year. In the 50+ years that DMC has served the Central Valley, it has achieved a growing list of recognitions; some of which are:
- Comprehensive Center Accreditation under the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery and Quality Improvement Program.
- American Heart Association Mission: Lifeline Receiving Center Gold Level Recognition Award for Heart Attack Care.
- Recipient of the Leapfrog Group highest “A” rating for patient safety 5 times in a row.
- Accredited as a Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers – First hospital in region to receive designation.
- Joint Commission’s Top Performer on Key Quality Measures distinction for heart attack, pneumonia, surgery, and heart failure.
- First Certified Primary Stroke Center in Stanislaus County.
DMC's Womens and Childrens Center has 15 state of the art labor/delivery/recovery rooms and an excellent reputation which attracts about 4,500 deliveries per year. The Womens and Childrens Center also provides a level III Intensive Care Nursery, which has been essential for our high risk OB patients. In addition, this Center includes Perinatology, Neonatology, and Neonatal Transport Team.
Among the many specialty departments at DMC are the following:
Air Med Team (air ambulance service); capabilities include medical, surgical, trauma, respiratory, obstetric/gynecology, neurology, neonate isolette and intra-aortic balloon pump. Residents with interest in the area can use elective time to fly with the Air Med Team. Trauma Surgery is kept busy by the helicopter air ambulance service bringing in cases varying from auto accidents to Yosemite climbing injuries.
Cardiac/Open Heart, Orthopedic, Urology (including lithotripsy), General and Vascular, Neurosurgical, Robotic, and Trauma.
Additional Services Include
Home Health Agency, Hand Therapy Clinic, Radiology Department (including MRI, Spinal CT, and full invasive radiology), Laboratory, Dialysis Unit and Endoscopy Unit.
DMC and VCME also sponsor an osteopathic orthopedic surgery residency, which welcomed its first class in July 2013