Interview Information / Maps and Itineraries
We are eagerly looking forward to another interview season and to
meeting you! Prior to your interview, it is suggested that you review
the program information available at this web site including resident
data. General information about your interview day, lodging, and
directions can be found on the website.
If you have any questions or need special arrangements, please feel
free to contact Michele Helwick at (209)576-3526. We will be glad to assist you in any way we can.
Interview Day Begins at 9:30 a.m.
Family Medicine Residency Program Office
Doctors Medical Center
1441 Florida Avenue (1st Floor), Modesto, CA
Interview Day Length: 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
Components of Interview Day: Welcome and General Introduction to
Interview Day by Residency Director, Tour of Family Medicine Clinic
and Doctors Medical Center, Interview with Resident, Interview with a Core Faculty Member, Opportunities to
interface with faculty, residents and staff, lunch provided via
Directions to Modesto
Free spaces are available at the southwest end of the parking area. The directions to the hospital
will clarify how to find this parking location. Approximate Travel Times: Sacramento to Modesto = 80 minutes; Stockton to Modesto = 40 minutes;
Merced to Modesto = 40 minutes; San Francisco to Modesto: 90 to 120 minutes.
Prior to your interview day, if you have any special needs or time constraints, please
contact Michele Helwick at (209) 576-3526 to discuss potential arrangements.
Directions to Modesto:
Residency Program Office, Doctors Medical Center
1441 Florida Avenue, Modesto, CA See Map Sacramento, Oakland or San Francisco are the closest airports.
- Take Hwy 99 to Modesto
- Exit the Briggsmore/Carpenter Exit, head east, get into
extreme right-hand lane immediately
- South onto Orangeburg Avenue
- Follow Orangeburg for approximately 2.5 miles.
- You will see Doctors Medical Center to your left,
turn left onto Florida Avenue
(if you get to McHenry Avenue, you’ve gone too far)
- Make left into parking lot by Emergency Department and proceed towards parking structure
- Enter through “Physician Parking” and proceed to back of parking structure and turn left.
- “Resident Physician Parking” will be on right hand side on the North East side of Parking structure.
- If no slots are available proceed to find one elsewhere within the parking structure
- Enter Hospital through Main Lobby
- Ask information desk to direct you to residency office or use blue courtesy phone and dial 3526 and we will come meet you
- Please allow yourself roughly 8 minutes to park and enter hospital
If you get
lost, please call us at (209) 576-3526.
Map to our Facility
View Larger Map
Lodging and Food
If you are interested in staying with a resident, please call Michele Helwick at (209)576-3526. There are many hotel/motel options in Modesto, especially on Orangeburg corridor.
During interview season, there are applicant socials primarily on Thursday evenings.
We feel it gives applicants an opportunity to meet with residents on a more informal basis. Please let Michele know if you are interested in attending.
There are many places to eat in Modesto varying from inexpensive to upscale.