Compensation and Benefits
Salary: (for 2017-2018)
- PGY I $51,890 per year
- PGY II $54,465 per year
- PGY III $57,170 per year
- PGY IV $60,008 per year
- PGY V $62,988 per year
Educational Stipend: $ 1,300 per year
Licensure Reimbursement: Residents receive full reimbursement for California Medical license fees during their training.
Vacation: Four weeks
Personal Leave: VCME provides for two days of personal time.
Sick Leave Days: VCME provides for ten days of sick leave (including maternity and paternity leave).
Meals: Residents are provided meals while on duty at Doctors Medical Center. Breakfast and lunch are provided in the Physician Lounge Monday thru Friday free of charge.
Free, close parking
- Medical, Dental, Vision paid by employer 100% for employee and 80% for dependents.
- Life Insurance is provided to resident at $20,000 paid by employer with buy up options for resident and their family available.
- Medical Malpractice is provided throughout residency training.
Training Opportunities: Provided by employer during residency training (subject to change based on program accreditation requirements).
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- AO Trauma Course- Basic Principles or Fracture Management
- Musculoskeletal Pathology Seminar
- AOAO Annual Meeting
- Pediatric Specialty Training
- PGY 3 Fresno, CA 6 months employer sponsored housing.
- Other conferences, meetings, workshops, and presentation opportunities as required.