Compensation and Benefits
Salary: (for 2016-2017)
- PGY I $51,500 per year
- PGY II $54,075 per year
- PGY III $56,780 per year
- PGY IV $59,618 per year
- PGY V $62,598 per year
Auto Allowance $ 390 per year
Relocation Stipend: $1,000 transition to residency gift will be awarded on the first paycheck for all new residents in recognition of the expenses involved with moving to a new area and preparing to begin residency.
Educational Stipend: $ 1,300 per year
Licensure Reimbursement: Residents receive full reimbursement for California Medical license fees during their training.
Surgical Loupes: Each resident is provided loupes by the program
Vacation: Four weeks
Personal Leave: VCME provides for two days of personal time.
Sick Leave Days: VCME provides for ten days of sick leave (including maternity and paternity leave).
Meals: Residents are provided meals while on duty at Doctors Medical Center. Breakfast and lunch are provided in the Physician Lounge Monday thru Friday free of charge.
Free, close parking
- Medical, Dental, Vision paid by employer 100% for employee and 80% for dependents.
- Life Insurance is provided to resident at $20,000 paid by employer with buy up options for resident and their family available.
- Medical Malpractice is provided throughout residency training.
Training Opportunities: Provided by employer during residency training (subject to change based on program accreditation requirements).
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- AO Trauma Course- Basic Principles or Fracture Management
- Musculoskeletal Pathology Seminar
- AOAO Annual Meeting
- Pediatric Specialty Training
- PGY 3 Fresno, CA 6 months employer sponsored housing.
- Other conferences, meetings, workshops, and presentation opportunities as required.