Interview Information / Maps and Itineraries
We are eagerly looking forward to another interview season and to meeting you! Prior to your interview, it is suggested that you review the program information available at this web site including resident data. General information about your interview day, lodging, and directions can be found on the website.
If you have any questions or need special arrangements, please feel free to contact Michele Helwick at (209)576-3526. We will be glad to assist you in any way we can.
Interview Day Begins at 7:30 a.m.
DMC Conference Center (between ER & Parking Structure)
1441 Florida Avenue (1st Floor), Modesto, CA
Interview Day Length: 7:30 am - 2:00 pm
Components of Interview Day: Welcome and General Introduction to Interview Day by Residency Director, Tour of Family Medicine Clinic and Doctors Medical Center, Interview with Resident, Interview with a Core Faculty Member, Opportunities to interface with faculty, residents and staff, lunch provided via hospital cafeteria.
Free spaces are available at the southwest end of the parking area. The directions to the hospital will clarify how to find this parking location. Approximate Travel Times: Sacramento to Modesto = 80 minutes; Stockton to Modesto = 40 minutes; Merced to Modesto = 40 minutes; San Francisco to Modesto: 90 to 120 minutes.
Prior to your interview day, if you have any special needs or time constraints, please contact Michele Helwick at (209) 576-3526 to discuss potential arrangements.
Directions to Modesto:
Residency Program Office, Doctors Medical Center 1441 Florida Avenue, Modesto, CA See Map Sacramento, Oakland or San Francisco are the closest airports.
- Take Hwy 99 to Modesto
- Exit the Briggsmore/Carpenter Exit, head east, get into extreme right-hand lane immediately
- South onto Orangeburg Avenue
- Follow Orangeburg for approximately 2.5 miles.
- You will see Doctors Medical Center to your left, turn left onto Florida Avenue
(if you get to McHenry Avenue, you’ve gone too far)
- Make left into parking lot by Emergency Department and proceed towards parking structure
- Enter through “Physician Parking” and proceed to back of parking structure and turn left.
- “Resident Physician Parking” will be on right hand side on the North East side of Parking structure.
- If no slots are available proceed to find one elsewhere within the parking structure
- Enter Hospital through Main Lobby
- Ask information desk to direct you to residency office or use blue courtesy phone and dial 3526 and we will come meet you
- Please allow yourself roughly 8 minutes to park and enter hospital
If you get lost, please call us at (209) 576-3526.